Lijit Ad Tag

Oct 6, 2010

Lemongrass Ginger Ale


Meet Joe Rhizome....

“The Gingerman, he's not too lucky,
He ended up in a pot of curry.
Alas, that is not all to his tale,
He also ended up in my ginger ale.”

ping (Wordsworth, I ain't)


Hot! HOT! HOT! The weather's been rather fickle lately. In this part of the world, there's supposed to be just hot and rainy and it used to be such that even those days have their own times of the year to unleash their wrath upon us hapless folks. But the seasons have all gone wonkers and the monsoons and the dry days seem to come and go as they please. The last 2 days have been sweltering, after a whole week of electrical storms, strong winds and heavy downpours. Did I mention wonky?

I've just finished a good, hard-bashing game of tennis with my tennis-mad posse, and am ready for a long, cool swig of something refreshing. It was very humid and all that sweating... wait, no, not sweat. Ladies, I'm told, perspire... no, no, lemme get this right.... horses sweat, men perspire, ladies glow. Aaahh, that's right. Umm... cool drink, ok, so .... I remembered I had a batch of "improvised" ginger ale made 2 days ago and by now it should be nice and fizzy. Yup, glad I made those.

"Improvised" - as in, I added some 3 - 4 crushed lemon grass stalks to the basic ginger ale recipe that you can find here
. Add it in at the first step. If you prefer a stronger lemon grass taste, feel free to add more stalks. More improvisation? Some ice and a good glug of vodka, limoncello, gin, etc ... you get happier as you go further along the list.





Aaaaahhhhh.......





5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. I'm thinking of making the ale soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it. Leave it out longer for extra fizz. Btw, use a softer plastic bottle coz the harder plastic ones don't work too well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, this nice gingerman. I like very much your blog. Good job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always trying to figure out ways to use lemongrass... I will have to pick some lemongrass up this week! Thanks Ping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letscultivate: Hi. You're welcome. Hope you'll enjoy this. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete