Lijit Ad Tag

Jan 3, 2015

Banana Chia Power Smoothie






So you’re all pooped from the festivities. 
Need an energy booster? 
Or a cure for a hangover? (Do I sound like an ad?)

This was something I picked up from my travels. An instant energy booster. Yummy to boot.
Just the other day, I’d found it on our local grocer’s chiller and wait …. how much was that? You gotta be kidding me?! Forget it, I’ll make my own ….. 

It makes a great breakfast on the go as well. For someone (me) who isn’t into the whole shebang of slicing, toasting, pan frying, buttering, eat, wash and wash some more … this is just brilliant. 

Make it the night before and you’re all set to take on the world the next day!


INGREDIENTS

(Note: measurements are per 250 - 300 ml bottle / mason jars)

1 - 2 small bananas, sliced (this depends on how thick you want your smoothie to be)
1 cup apple juice
1 tbs chia seeds (too much of this and you’ll get pudding)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
honey / sugar (optional)


METHOD

Puree bananas and 1/2 cup of the apple juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Put 1 tbs chia seeds and ground cinnamon into bottle / jars. 
Pour in puree and top up with remaining apple juice, cap and shake to mix it up.
Leave overnight in the fridge.
Glug the next day … watch out, world!










3 comments:

  1. Hi Ping! Happy New Year! Guess what? I finally opened up my packet of chia seeds today. But to bake something not so healthy ha..hah... Hey, this smoothie of yours sounds pretty good. I take it that the apple juice is bottled apple juice, since you don't want to do any washing (?). I hate washing the juicer. Here's to a healthier lifestyle for 2015 (let's see how long that lasts for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Who cares about healthy .... as long as it tastes good.
      Yup ... bottled apple juice. Boxed actually, from Vomfass. But you can use any juice you like and turn it into any mix and match smoothie.
      Hate juicers too. Those contraptions are a pain in the ...

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Ping! Banana and chia are fantastic together, this is not only delicious, also so good for you!

    ReplyDelete