Lijit Ad Tag

Jan 10, 2016

Easy Like Sunday Morning (Avocado Toast)






It’s a Sunday!
And it’s a day of rest, altho I’m sure for some, it’s pretty hectic spending time with family and kids and chores and errands and groceries and …. gosh, I’m feeling tired already.
Feel blessed you have things to do. Feel blessed you have people to do it with.

As for me, I’m taking a break and taking it easy. For lunch/brunch. 
There’ll be some face stuffing later with the tribe.

It’s been a lovely yet stressful week. (How can a mere seven days cause so many mixed feelings?)

Had someone very close to my heart visit for a few short days. It’s always too short. But it was good.
I miss her already.
That’s obviously not the stress part.

A word of advice on texting that most probably already know but we all need reminding, esp folks like me who have diarrhoea of the mouth and thumb/fingers.
Anything you type/text can be misread. It all depends on the other person who’s reading it, what kind of a mood they’re in, whether they’re menopausing/andropausing and possibly a host of past traumatic history they’ve gone thru and one word might just trigger some negative response. 
They could read it as a ‘Grrrr’ or as an ‘Awwww’. 
Sometimes concern can be misread as criticism … how? …. only they know. 
And sometimes, they’re just too damned sensitive. Bah! Humbug!
I have no energy for dramatics.

And then I find out I have no chickpeas …. AARRRGGHHH!!!

*Breath*
*count to ten*

Make do….

1 Avocado, nice and ripe
2 Garlic cloves, nice and chubby
1 can Canellini beans, Chickpeas would’ve been nice
1 handful coriander leaves
Juice of half a lemon
Drizzle of sesame oil
1/4 cup Grapeseed oil, or Olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Some toasted pine nuts


Plonk them all into a food processor except for the pine nuts (you can add it in but I like some crunch).
Buzzzzzzzzzzz
It’s up to you how smooth you like it

Sprinkle pine nuts.

Use as a dip, a spread on toast or toss with some cooked pasta (just add some grated parmesan for extra flavour)

Easy!
No stress ….. 


2 comments:

  1. I get what you mean about texting. Sometimes an innocent one line comment can sound harsh. I'm guilty of that. That's why now I read twice or thrice and throw in a pinch of salt. Nice brunch by the way. I like your bread, looks like the healthy kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rye. From some German bakery (forgot the name) at ttdi. You've probably been there already.

      Delete