Lijit Ad Tag

Sep 6, 2010

Chocolate Brownies

Adapted from the Australian Women's Weekly


Easy, quick and delicious.... that's how I like it. I just don't have the time to make certain things from scratch. I envy those who have all the time in the world to do that and I salute them. And when I do find some time to actually make stuff from scratch, I try to make the not-so-time-consuming ones. Or, I'd rather sit back and enjoy and nice cuppa with a big chunk of rich, chocolatey brownies. Real brownies, made with good quality chocolate, not those that are made with cocoa powder, emulco, healthy carob, white chocolate and whatnots. White chocolate brownies?! Why on earth would they even call them brownies in the first place when it's not brown?! Bah! Humbug! Gotta be the real thing for me. Call me a snob. I'm proud to be a chocolate and coffee snob.


INGREDIENTS

30g butter
250g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
80g butter, extra
2 tsp vanilla essence / 4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I like using walnuts)
1/3 cup sour cream


METHOD

Grease a 7" X 7" cake pan, line the base and grease the paper.
Melt 30g butter in pan. Add chocolate and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool 5 mins.
In a separate bowl, beat extra butter, essence and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in sifted flour, then cooled chocolate mixture, nuts and sour cream.
Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake in moderate oven (180C) for about 45 mins.
Cool in pan before cutting and serving.


Print

2 comments:

  1. gonna make these today...but someone ate a huge chunk of my cooking chocolate :( ..so..will modified the recipe a bit :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Haha .... I thought I was the only weird one who eats cooking chocolate on its own :P

    ReplyDelete