Lijit Ad Tag

Dec 5, 2010

An Award!



I'd like to thank Elisabeth of Food and Thrift Finds for presenting me with this award. I am very honored and thrilled to be receiving my first food blogger award from a professional chef who has a great blog herself. Check out all her recipes from across the globe! Thanking also Eizel of Eizel's and Kita of Pass the Sushi. Check out their blogs and their beautiful pictures. Ok, not to worry, I won't launch into an academy award speech. According to the rules for receiving this award, I'd have to tell you 7 things about myself. I suppose it's a good way to introduce me and my blog properly to the rest of the blogger world. Another part of the requirement (besides sharing 7 things about myself) is to pass the award on to bloggers who you think are fantastic. So here are 7 things about me and the bloggers whom I've picked to award this to. And I hope after reading this, you won't regret getting to know me better ..... :P

About me: (you have been warned)

Let's start with some things that play a big part in my life ...

1. Animals. I'm an animal lover altho I must admit, turning vegan is not something I can possibly get into. I am against animal cruelty ... foie gras and any of the fancy exotic foods that requires the animal to have prolonged pain .... it's out of my menu.

2. Family. (Notice I put animals before family). I know, I know, I'm a bad girl for not putting my family first. I do love my family ..... I do. They're spread out all over the globe and I enjoy the best of it when we do eventually get together. All those sharing of different cultures and food...it always leads to food. We'll get to that soon.

3. Music. I lean more towards classical music, probably due to it being ingrained in me since my younger days. I do not dislike today's music, I just can't understand some of it. I do like rock and blues and the occasional jazz. At the moment, my husband and I are nuts about Mazzy Star's "Fade into you". It's not recent but it's hauntingly addictive and it touches the depths of one's soul. Unfortunately, we can't seem to find the CD or the LP in the stores. Thank goodness for online shopping. Oh, and I think Bobby McFerrin is super talented! I watched him performing live in Leipzig in the year 2000 at the market square. It was a Bach festival. Every performer was great but he was the best! Even when it started raining, people still stayed on, getting into the spirit of things under umbrellas and in their raincoats.

4. Friends. Does anyone still keep in touch with their kindergarten friends? I do, well... only one, but we still meet up very often. We actually lost touch after kindy and strangely enough, met again in the same place where we both worked. And carried on from there like it there never was a lapse. There are the friends I made during the school years and we still keep in touch and meet up whenever I go back home. Then the friends I meet at work and via socializing in the real world and the blogging world ... I love them all! I must admit I'm really blessed with many friends and really nice ones too! My best friend? That's easy ... my husband.

5. Hobbies. I do enjoy a good book and I am totally nuts about contemporary crosswords ... my favorite crossword editor - Will Shortz. And to get the adrenalin going .... tennis! Recently, it's been suggested I try yoga instead (due to too many injuries from tennis). I remember trying it out in the early 90's when yoga was more about meditation, I literally fell asleep, crosslegged and upright. Pretty embarrassing. Maybe I'll give it another whirl now that I've slowed down some.

6. Favorite foods. I don't have a particular favorite nor can I put my finger on just one item. I'll always have some fennel in my fridge, some lemons, thyme, bacon, pasta, coffee and steak. My husband and I are, what some of our friends termed, meatarians... carnivors sound too caveman-ish. (That's why turning vegan isn't a possibility).

7. And since this is all about food blogging..... I am relatively new to the food blogging world. (And already have my first award! Yay! Thanks again, Elisabeth). So I'm still stumbling and bumbling my way through. And if I've mistakenly done some dumb things that may have caused some problems for other bloggers, my sincere apologies.

There you are. The raving lunatic.

And here are the bloggers I feel who deserve the award (I'm sure there are lots more that I haven't discovered ... yet).

1. mybflikeitsoimbg.blogspot.com

2. imapretendchef.blogspot.com

3. michelangelointhekitchen.blogspot.com

4. garlicandseasalt.blogspot.com

5. meltingbutter.com

6. boulderlocavore.blogspot.com

7. turkeysforlife.blogspot.com

8. www.russianseason.net

9. www.seasaltwithfood.com

You all deserve this award. But .... there's always a 'but' ..... remember the rules. To accept this award, you'll have to:

1. thank the person who gave you the award

2. share 7 things about yourself

3. pass the award on to bloggers whom you think are fantastic

Congratulations all!

*Note: I realized cutting and pasting might be a little difficult. So, just grab the icon onto your desktop and proceed as you would upload an image to your blog.



9 comments:

  1. Ping! I'm so excited! What a wonderful and unexpected thing! I'm so humbled and honored with your generosity and that you are a reader (that's the best part). I graciously accept this award and will disply it with great pride on my site. Now I must start thinking about the questions! I do have a couple questions. Could you email me? boulderlocavore@comcast.net. Might be easier to discuss there if that is ok! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ping! Your the the apple of my eye!!! Like the Pretend Chef, I'm as happy as a pig in mud! In other words, ECSTATIC! A first timer too in the blogging banquet. I would be happy if I get crumbs that that fall from the master chefs' table but this award really takes the cake!!! And now, the daunting task of cutting and pasting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone,
    I'm sorry I couldn't make this cutting and pasting thing any easier. If I knew how, I'd do it. But I guess if a noodle head like me can do it, it shouldn't be a problem for seasoned bloggers like you all. If anyone still need help, please email me and I'll try to guide you through it. My apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award Ping. It means a lot to me :)! Thanks for making visits to my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you so much Ping :-* I'm happy to accept your award, I'll try to write 7 things about myself as soon as possible! Thank you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ping! I'm very flattered to have receive this award from you! This was so unexpected! Now comes the hardest part of writing things about myself :-/

    I have not even written much about myself in the about section on my blog! It's the hardest thing writing about yourself!

    Thank you again for your award...I am just thrilled! :-DDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award. I am with you, though I make meatless meals weekly, I could never fully give up meat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Kristen, thanks! Gosh, you actually read the write up. I thought it would be so dauntingly long that nobody would actually bother. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ping-First, I'd like to thank you for mentioning such nice things about me...second, you deserved the award, the first time I found your blog, which was just recently, and third, I loved your answers, and humor re: the 7 things mentioned about yourself...and yes, there's a fourth-love the kitty you adopted from my blog, a black kitty nicely perched on a lovely black bacground, and yest...there's a fifth, and I will stop there,
    I cannot become a vegan, not alone a vegeterian, myself, although I do cook vegetarian for my son, and daughter-in-law, and sometimes for us, but I can not...not give up certain meats, especially chicken...oops, have to be careful about my (confession)
    You have indeed, a very Stylish blog...therefore, You are a Stylish Blogger, that deserves the award, and to the blogger that you awarded to: Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete